Without preferential 100 kWh
On December 28, the Cabinet of Ministers decided to cancel the preferential 100 kW • h at UAH 0.9 when paying for electricity. Now all consumed electricity will be calculated at UAH 1.68 per kWh.
How much the payment will rise in price for you depends on individual consumption. For example, for a consumer of 150 kWh per month it used to cost 100X0.9 + 50X1.68 = 90 + 84 = 174 UAH. In a new way: 150X1.68 = 252 UAH.
Changes in the law on housing and communal services
In December 2020, the Verkhovna Rada adopted draft law No. 2458 on amendments to some Ukraine laws regarding the settlement of specific issues in housing and communal services.
There are five significant changes in the law.
1. Concluding contracts in the field of public services will become easier. Enterprises will be able to quickly transfer all consumers to new deals - thanks to a public interconnection contract.
2. Optimize the payment for utilities. There will be three payments for a public accession agreement:
- for heat: payment for the service for the supply of heat energy, payment for the service for the supply of hot water, charge for the subscription service;
- for water: payment for centralized water supply, payment for the service for centralized drainage, payment for subscription services.
3. The maintenance of the internal gas networks in apartment buildings will begin. Since 2015, such service has been carried out in few places. The new law prescribes the conditions for maintenance and the operator of gas distribution systems or other household entities responsible for carrying it out that have the right to perform such work.
4. Final equipment of houses with heat and water meters. The law provides for the investment programs of heat and water supply companies as a financing source for the installation of meters. Additional time for such work is also given - until August 1, 2022. If the company fails, it will be fined for the lack of meters.
5. If there is no condominium, a head will be appointed. According to the law, if the tenants of the house have not chosen a form of management for themselves (for example, condominiums) by January 1, 2021, local governments for such houses must hold competitions for managers' appointment by May 1, 2021.
Universal services to business will be provided under new conditions
From January 1, 2021, only those small non-residential consumers whose contractual capacity does not exceed 50 kW (now the limit is set at 150 kW) will be able to become customers of universal service providers (USPs).
Also state employees of any capacity will "disappear" from USPs. They will buy electricity on the market or at a higher rate from a supplier of last resort (PON).
Besides, tariffs will be changed in USPs from January 1. According to the decision of NKREKP, in some they will grow strongly (up to + 60%), in others, they will decrease (up to -40%).
Changes for renewable energy producers
From January 1, 2021, producers of electricity from renewable energy sources that are part of a balancing group of producers at a "green" tariff are obliged to reimburse the cost of unbalance settlement guaranteed to the Buyer - the difference between the actual and forecasted volume of electricity production)
Renewables with a capacity exceeding 1 MW:
- 50% starting from January 1, 2021;
- 100% starting from January 1, 2022.
By December 31, 2029, the aforementioned RES Producers shall reimburse the cost of their imbalance Guaranteed to the Buyer in the event of deviation of the actual hourly volumes of electricity supply of such a manufacturer (the level of permissible error) from its hourly electricity supply schedule by more than 10% for power facilities using wind energy % for power facilities using solar energy.
For renewable energy projects with a capacity of 1 MW or less:
- 10% from 1 January 2021 with an increase of 10% annually, reaching 100% in 2030.
Control over greenhouse gas emissions
On January 1, 2021, the law "On the basics of monitoring, reporting and verification of greenhouse gas emissions" will come into effect. The State Environmental Inspectorate (SEI) Ukraine will begin to check the documents on emissions behind him. This law is also necessary for the implementation of European legislation in Ukrainian.
The SEI will be empowered to monitor compliance with environmental legislation on the part of executive authorities and local authorities.
An electronic system "Environmental Inspector" will also be created, which will electronically register all the processes for conducting scheduled and unscheduled inspections.
It also provides for changes in the legislation on pollution control at sea.
Another innovation of the law is the adoption of methods for measuring environmental pollution. They will establish unified mandatory rules to control the activities of potential violators of environmental legislation.
Main events of 2020 in the energy sector
"The road the whole world will follow": Mykhaylo Krutikhin about the future of hydrogen, Nord Stream 2 and the main results of 2020
Andrew Favorov about the TV series "Sviy Gaz": we filmed for Netflix