Deputy Energy Minister Maksym Nemchinov held a coordination meeting with international partners to cooperate both in the development of the Energy Strategy of Ukraine until 2050 and at the stage of its further implementation, the press service reports.
The international partners were presented with an approach to the development of the Strategy, which should take into account, in particular, the following strategic goals:
- increasing the level of energy security and energy independence of Ukraine;
- integration of the UPS of Ukraine into the European energy system ENTSO-E;
- implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement and the further path towards energy neutrality;
- development of new technologies and types of energy resources;
- increasing the readiness of the energy system to increase the capacity of renewable energy sources;
- development of the nuclear sector;
- transformation of the coal sector and the like.
The event was attended by representatives of the energy sector of the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, Eastern Partnership, World Bank, EBRD, EIB, USAID, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), UN Economic Commission for Europe, embassies of Great Britain, Germany, Slovenia, Romania, Norway, Poland, Sweden in Ukraine, the Secretariat of the German-Ukrainian Partnership, the Danish Energy Agency, the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO), decarbonization experts and others.
To recap, the Ministry of Energy reported that ENTSO-E highly appreciates the progress of Ukraine in preparing for synchronization.