Scatec Solar established and acquired about a dozen companies for the construction of SPP in 2018 in Ukraine

The Norwegian company Scatec Solar established and acquired about a dozen companies in Ukraine in 2018 to carry out their projects for the construction of solar power plants.

The company's report for 2018 says that it received 51% in Rengy Bioenergy, the other 49% belong to the Ukrainian developer Rengy Development. At the end of 2018, companies began to build SPP in the Mykolaiv region with a capacity of 47 MW and cost 52 million euros, 70% of which were provided by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the Black Sea Bank Trade and Development Bank. It is planned that the station will work in 2019.

At the beginning of 2019, the Norwegian company began the construction of a Kamyanka SPP of 30 MW in the Cherkassy region of Scatec Solar. They acquired 100% of Pure Energy 2011 LLC, which carries out construction, its cost is estimated at 35 million euros, 70% of which were provided by the EBRD and the Danish Development Bank (FMO). The station should start operating at the end of 2019.

Scatec Solar also has a portfolio of 174 MW projects that are in stock. Thus, the total portfolio of Scatec Solar projects in Ukraine is 251 MW worth 193 million euros, the report says. Scatec Solar projects for another 163 MW are under development.

To implement them, in 2018 the company also established the Scatec Solar Ukraine Opr Comp (EPC). In 2018 through the Dutch "daughter" Scatec Solar Ukraine B.V. Norwegians became the owners of 100% of Ukrainian Atlas Capital Energy, Hrinteko SPP, Prohressovka and BoguslavEnergy.

Atlas Capital Energy in the spring of this year announced the construction of a solar power plant in the Holopristansky district of Kherson region with a capacity of 50 MW.

In January 2019, Scatec Solar signed a memorandum with the Ukrainian SM Invest & Construction, the owners of which owned Prohresovka Solar BV LLC, an agreement on the purchase of a 150 MW SPP construction project in the Mykolaiv region, in particular, near Tashino and Prohressovka villages Berezansky united territorial community.

Greenteco SPP planned to build a 90 MW SPP on 82 hectares in the Chyhyryn district of Cherkasy region.

The portfolio of SPP projects managed by Scatec Solar at the end of 2018 was 584 MW. The company's gross income more than tripled in 2018 compared to the previous year from 175 million euros to 490 million euros.    



Follow us on: Telegram   Facebook   Twitter

Tags: contracts, renewable energy, solar energy, electricity, energy market

Read also

Southeastern Europe may get EUR 10 billion as EU boosts Just Transition Fund plan
Hidroelectrica plans to install first offshore wind park in Black Sea
‘First concentrated solar thermal plant’ in Latin America reaches molten salt milestone