The government has made a decision that allows to sell energy generated from alternative sources at transparent auctions through the Prozorro.Sales. This was reported by the press service of the Ministry of Energy and Environmental Protection.
Such a step will stimulate the production of alternative energy and will reduce the price of clean energy.
The Ministry noted that the decision of the government creates the conditions for the development of renewable energy; allow attracting cheap credit resources; to promote the development of high-tech equipment in Ukraine. The first auctions are scheduled for April 2020.
The key features of “green” auctions, in particular, are:
- ensuring fair competition among bidders;
- maintaining complete confidentiality about the participants and the applications submitted by them and full transparency of all information after the completion of the bidding process;
- automatic generation by an electronic trading system of a protocol on the results of auctions and determination of winners, eliminates the influence of the “human” factor;
- ensuring public control over the entire auction process;
- convenience and simplicity for investors, which does not include the use of paper documents or the physical presence of participants at the stage of preparation and conduct of the auction.
For more information click the link.
Earlier it was reported that for investments in renewable energy sources of Ukraine it is needed €20 billion.
Tags: The Cabinet of Ministers, contracts, renewable energy, solar energy, wind energy, legislation, electricity, NEURC, EU, The Minystry of Energy and Coal Mining, energy market, Prozorro, ETL, electricity market, foreign affairs, ВИЭ, investments, income, auctions, power system balance
Investors in renewable energy sector applied with reservations on certain clauses of a draft law on FIT
Charging station with solar panels to install In Ivano-Frankivsk
British Petroleum will provide services on the Chinese renewable energy market